RUBRIC GRADING :
A: 20 – Because i believe that all my photos in this assignment are high quality and show effort and time put into them
Q: 20 Each photo is edited and edited in high quality with multiple adjustments evident.
C:16 Some photos fall under following more than one guideline but a few only follow the minimum required guideline.
CC:20 each photo displays understanding of the assignment and an attempt to go past what is expected of the assignment.
- Taking your photos from unique angles will improve your overall photos greatly because it will not only showcase your creativity but will also help you to look at things in general in life at a different perspective, it helps you break your photography patterns and get out of your comfort zone.
- The photograph that i see as most successful is the worms eye view of the pigeon, i see it as successful because it took some creativity to think up and also was not an easy angle to capture.
- if i could change one aspect of the project it would be too take 5 photos of birds and worms eye view but then add in an extra 5 pictures of a unusual angle of your own choice, just to leave more room for creativity.
Some of the strengths of birds eye view are making a subject such as the eiffel tower look much smaller than they are , making the person looking at the photo feel much stronger or bigger. It also gives you a chance to capture much more width wise of your subject.
The strengths of worms eye view are the exact opposite of birds. A subject that is already massive can appear other worldy big in size by using a worms perspective. Both use the width of the photo taken to distort and cahnge perspective. It makes the viewer take a double take on the photo.
3. Eye Level is the least engaging perspective because it usually leaves the viewer with no questions or afterthought. When looking at a photo from birds or worms eye perspective , it forces the viewer to adjust and understand what they are looking at , which will usually result in engagement.
4. While photographing outside you should be taking atleast 25 photos per class period. You should be treating the cameras with as much respect as you would if it was your own. And finally you should take photos that make you feel excited and proud , you should find your creativity and showcase it .
- The compositional guideline is Balance and framing . because the fox is spread out very symmetrically, and is being framed by the grass.
- The quality of light is diffused as the shadows are spread out and do not have sharp edges meaning the sun is not directly hitting the subject.
- The lighting and framing of the fox with the simple background makes this photo successful, its facial expression also helps it out.
- The compositional guideline is balance and freezing the subject, the owl’s wings are spread out in the exact same position and the owl himself is in the direct middle of the photo, he was also likely moving fast meaning the photographer had to use a fast shutter to take this photo.
- The quality of light is diffused as the shadows fade after they hit the owls face , the background is also very dark.
- The owls eyes and motion of his wings make the photo successful, the blank background also directs more focus to the subject
- The compositional guideline is asymmetrical balance, because one side of the photo has the truck and the other has the ocean.
- The quality of light is direct as you can clearly see the trucks sharp shadow in the sand
- The location of the photo is what makes the photo successful
- The compositional guideline is balance, as the subject is evenly spread out in the middle of the photo
- The quality of light is direct as the shadows on the man are defined and sharp.
- The shape and size and timing of the photo are what make this photo successful.
A: 20 – I submitted the required amount of photos and then a few extras, I believe that all of them are high quality
Q: 16 – I could have done a slightly better job with the amount of editing, but all the photos were still edited with care and focus, the exposure and balance on all of them are still correct
C: 20- All of my photos have at least one of the required guidelines and more than a few of them incorporate both Leading line and framing.
CC:16- Each photo shows i put time into this assignment and all the content is relative to the assignment,They also show a unique style.
- Over these previous three assignments i have seen not just my pictures themselves improve but my vision for taking photos. I have noticed myself taking more original and creative photos that before the last few assignments i would not have seen or thought of. All three assignments have also helped me develop a stronger passion and satisfaction with my work.
- My favorite framing photograph was the one that had a much smaller light post pinched in between two much larger ones with the mountains in the background. When i was taking it i thought it was just a less traditional framing photograph so i thought it would come out looking more special.
- My favorite line photo was the two gates causing a line affect leading up to the tree. I think the sky makes the photo much better and gives the photo more than just the leading line guideline. When i was taking it i made sure to try to get as low to the ground as possible to make the tree seem much bigger and more important than it was.
- The compositional guideline is rule of thirds as the line guides us to look at the mountain that falls on the impact point in the rule of thirds gridline
- The quality of light is diffused as the shadows blend all over the ground and do not have sharp defined edges.
- The River and lighting on the mountain make this photo successful
- The compositional guideline is symmetrical balance as the rocks and forest are mirrored on each side of the river.
- The quality of light is also diffused as the shadows blend into eachother since there is little to no sunlight
- The position that the photo was taken and the detail of the waves on the river make this photo successful
- The compositional guideline is rule of thirds as the shape that the clouds make are found on a impact point of the thirds grid
- The quality of light is diffused as there is little to no sunlight in the photo meaning the shadows are not defined and sharp
- The setting of the plane and the wing itself makes this photo successful.
- The compostional guideline is symmetrical balance as the dog is almost perfectly centered in the square frame.
- The quality of light is diffused as you can clearly see the color of his eyes with no glarring bright reflection
- The dogs facial expression makes this photo successful.