Grade: 16/20 because I worked hard and I meet the expectation but I hardly edit it them I just used the adjustment brush to make them stand out and pretty much thats it.
1) Asymmetry 2) Rule of Thirds 3) Symmetry
- This picture is Asymmetry because it is equally balanced by a different object, instead of being a mirror image. The quality of light is direct because the sun is hitting the tree with its light.
- This picture is Rule of Thirds because the main subject is not directly in the middle. The quality of light of this photography is also direct because the building has hard shadows.
- This picture is Symmetrical because it is a mirror image. The quality of light if also direct because it has hard shadows because the sun is hitting the pipes with its light.
2) Two tools that I use to edit my pictures is the adjustment brush to adjust a specific object. And the other tool I use is crop overlay to crop an image.
3) I do feel like the koala in the picture because it is the end of the day and I want to go home and eat.
Rule of Thirds
Rule of Thirds:
This picture is Rule of thirds because the subject isn’t right in the middle, it is where the lines of the grid intersect. The quality of the photo is silhouette because the subject appears to be black
This picture is Rule of thirds because the subject appears to be in the left hand corner of the grid and is not in the middle. The quality of light if direct because it has hard shadows.
This two pictures are symmetrical because the space is identically occupied by subjects in the photography. The quality of light for both of these pictures is direct because they both have hard shadows.
Both pictures are asymmetrical because two different subjects are close to the same size. The quality of light for both photographs is diffuse because the shadows are soft.
I choosed this pictures because it was the first things that I saw for the categories and the ones it came into mind. It is very difficult having to take pictures and being creative with such small space.
Silhouette: This 2 pictures are silhouettes because the subject is hit from behind and appears black.
Direct/Hard: The 2 pictures are direct/hard light because it shines directly on the subject and is not blocked by anything and the shadows have hard edges.
Diffused/Soft- This pictures are diffused because it is reflected off of something that decreases its intensity and the shadow shave soft edges.
Explain how this assignment was about “learning to look”.
This assignment was about “learning to look”, because it taught us to look at things in different ways. For example when you look at a tree sometimes you don’t realize what shape it has or what is forming.
Which image are you happiest with and why?
The image that I am most happiest with is
What was the hardest part of the assignment for you and why?
The hardest part of this assignment for me was that part for looking for the letter in objects that I’m not used too looking at them this way.